Monday, November 19, 2007

As Thanksgiving Comes Around...

*sighs* Although I am very excited for the break, I can't help being more than a little anxious. The faster the holidays come, the sooner my deadlines come. I've just got so much to do and I really feel like I'm far, far behind everyone else in my class. It's like I know what what I'm supposed to be doing, but I can't see how to do it. I have a full draft due tomorrow for my history class and I have a sort of outline for it, but I can't seem to fill it in. So I end up staring at this paper that I've been trying to work on and figure out and I end up with nothing. I can't afford to fail this class because I need it to graduate. And now I've got all these stabby pains in my chest and my sides. I don't know what I'm going to do...

2 comments:

Marlewen said...

This is what you're going to do:

You're going to sit down without tv and without the internets. I know you say you need a distraction or two, and I understand that because I need them too sometimes, but I think you've been working that way for too long. You need to focus ONLY on one paper. Don't think about the deadline, don't think about how the paper sounds. Just sit and work the ideas out of your head. Flush them out and go back later and edit them if they need it.

Or at least try that. I know you've done it before and it didn't seem to work...but sometimes you need to change up your routine a bit. Especially when you have trouble concentrating. And if you need the internets for research, then go through and block the main sites you visit- youtube, fanfic sites, wikipedia (you shouldn't use that for papers, anyway ;)). That might help a little.

And don't worry, you'll pull through somehow. And if you feel otherwise, you can always call me, complain about it, and I'll make you giggle until you forget about it :D

Terri D. said...

Aw, Mani, you always go through this, and yet you always seem to manage to claw your way through. You can do it. Just focus in on gradiation and you'll make it there.